Our Values and Beliefs
Every church has principles, and ideas that are important to them. City on a Hill is no different. We believe there are certain things that God has called us to emphasize and that should influence all of our priorities.
- Excellence in Ministry (1 Cor. 10:31, Daniel 6:3)- Servanthood (1 Cor. 9:19k, Mt. 23:11; 20:26,28)- Mission-Minded (Mt. 28:18-20; Eph. 4:1; Acts 1:8)- Integrity / Holiness: (1 Peter 1:13-16; 1 Tim. 4:15,16)- Leadership Development (Eph. 4:11-16; 2 Tim. 2:2; 3:16,7; 4:2)- Individual Value and Corporate Unity (2 Tim. 2:2; 1 Peter 2:9; 2 Peter 3:9,Eph. 4:1-4,13)- Experiencing God in worship (Jn. 4:24)- Reaching those without relationship with Christ (Lk. 15:11-24; Jn 4:7-26)- Reproducing churches (Acts 13:1-5)- Transforming Prayer (James 5: 16-18, Matthew 6:10-17)
We believe the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired; that it is the written Word of God. We have adopted the following Declaration of Faith as a standard and official expression of its of the Word of God.
· In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
· In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
· That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
· That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
· In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
· In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.